Saturday, February 14, 2015

Abel William Ford

This baby needed a name. He needed to belong. He needed to feel special more special now than ever! I needed him to have a name. I needed to cheer my baby through this journey and I wanted to be able to call him by HIS name.

Victor and I had discussed names since we found out we were going to have a baby. But keep in mind our original plan was not to find out the sex which meant we had 9 months to come up with the “perfect” name. Not only that I have had this “fear” that we would come up with a name and then when the baby popped out the name wouldn't fit the baby. You know you name your baby ‘Sally’ but it looks like a ‘Madison’. But you can't change a name that late in the game because everything is already monogrammed and I would assume the baby might have some identity issues later on if you did. I mean you called it by one name for all its development and then just changed it all up.  I don't know and maybe I am just thinking to far into things. Maybe I was just being crazy, I am pregnant and crazier things can and do happen.  So I was kind of enjoying not knowing the sex and the pressure that comes along with coming up with “The Perfect” name.  Victor and I laid in bed as I kept pressuring the name issue. His heart was broken, I think it was a little harder on him than I realized at the time but I kept saying I needed to give this baby a name...

A while back Victor had mentioned the name Abel. At the time it wasn't my favorite. But love my sweet husband he liked the name and presented it to me because it was an expensive fly fishing reel. Seriously!?!? Love his little heart! Victor will also tell you he has always like the name Abel and now on this day I really liked the name too. Victor said “you know kinda a 'God willing and Abel, kinda deal'”.  I looked up the story of Abel and Cain and God favored Abel. Let’s face it there was a good chance my baby would be in God’s hands before I wanted. There was some peace in knowing God had a special spot/liking for Abel. I liked Abel and it seemed to be very fitting for our little boy. Coming up with a middle name to go with Abel was a little more difficult. Nothing seemed to fit. We said good night to our baby Abel that night. In the middle of the night I woke up liking the name William. Abel William. William was a little more traditional than we had originally thought, but it fit.  But then again nothing we had thought to plan has gone as planned, in a long time for us.

Abel means “breath” kind of ironic if you think about it. William means “strong warrior”. Our baby needed a strong name and now we gave him one.


World meet our baby, Abel William Ford.


No comments:

Post a Comment