Tuesday, February 17, 2015

20 Weeks!

I want my baby Abel to have a story. I want him to have adventures and a wonderful life. It is my job to give him all of this and more! We will make his story together!

You see I decided we were going to have “adventures” with Abel that we were going to celebrate everyday and make the most out of the time we do have with our baby. I want to document Abel’s story and his time here with us no matter how long it may or may not be. Each day is a blessing and sometimes we all need to take some time and remember that.

On this Sunday we had made it to 20 weeks! (and it was Super Bowl Sunday too) 20 weeks is wonderful! 20 weeks is ½ way through pregnancy, a special miracle in this case if you ask this momma. Think about it; at week 17 the doctors didn't think they would hear a heart beat in the next 10 days now we had made it an extra 3 weeks, that’s 21 days past their ‘predictions’. God is good and we are celebrating!

Abel and I made Super Bowl treats all day while Victor wired a friend’s house. We talked and shared Abel and mommy time. I wanted to make it as special for him and me as I could. Abel and I made a special chocolate cake to celebrate his 20 weeks! When I say special it is the best chocolate cake you have ever tasted. It is a recipe from Victor’s mom’s neighbor “Susie’s Chocolate Cake!” is what I call it.  It is chocolaty, moist, rich and creamy and OH SO YUMMY!  Then when Victor got home he treated us to some wonderful steaks! It was a meal for celebrating and we were celebrating at the Ford house!






It was a small celebration for 3 but it was fun and a day to remember! 

No comments:

Post a Comment