Sunday, February 15, 2015

Jesus Calling

So at some point in all this recent craziness one of Victor’s aunt posted a devotional on Facebook from Jesus Calling.

Come to Me, and rest in My loving Presence. You know that this day will bring difficulties, and you are trying to think your way through those trials. As you anticipate what is ahead of you, you forget that I am with you- now and always. Rehearsing your troubles results in experiencing them many times, whereas you are meant to go through them only when they actually occur. Do not multiply your suffering this way! Instead, come to Me, and relax in My Peace. I will strengthen you and prepare you for this day, transforming your fear into confident trust.

Matthew 11:28; Joshua 1:5, 9

Wow! This hit me, it hit me hard right where I needed to be hit! (I mean seriously read that devotion again, read it slowly and take it all in) There is a lesson here that we can all learn from... We do not need to worry about the future or tomorrow. We did not need to worry what the doctors would or would not say. We needed to love our baby and enjoy the time we had we needed to enjoy TODAY. God would prepare us for this journey. He will walk with us and in front of us. He will not leave us. He will not forsake us. I did not need to make my suffering worse by anticipating what the future could hold. He will strength me and prepare me for the days coming.

Needless to say I went out and got Jesus Calling that weekend. They say you need to talk to your baby but I wasn't sure what I needed to tell my baby. I mean he was with me all day everyday he knew what I knew. He was hearing my voice all day. So together me and my baby boy started turning to God, we started Jesus Calling together. I read the devotions out loud and read the Bible verses out loud as well. My baby needed to hear my voice and what better words to tell him than Gods.

I was starting to feel the peace that I had when this journey began. God will take care of me, of Victor, of our baby, of us. He will give me strength and He will not leave me.

This did not mean this journey was going to be easy. But I was not going to worry about tomorrow, God will prepare me Today for Tomorrow. I cannot and should not try and do this on my own. God does not give you more than He and you can handle TOGETHER! This is important He and I. Not me, not Him, He and I TOGETHER.  I will be honest this “He and I thing” was driven home a long time ago like when I was 18. I don’t remember why particularly it was driven home but I am glad it is a lesson that I had learned and I still remembered it. Things happen for a reason you just don’t always know the reason at the time, maybe this was one of those times? God and I would make it through this together. He will not leave me, He will no forsake me.



No one will be able to stand up against you all the days of your life. As I was with Moses, so I will be with you; I will never leave you nor forsake you.
Joshua 1:5

No comments:

Post a Comment