Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Our First Visit

Our first visit was at 6 weeks because our doctor loves us so much (and because Victor’s mom does the scheduling).

Victor and I went to the appointment pretty excited and stoked but still a little reserved. We saw a little grain of rice. We heard a heartbeat. It was the most beautiful sound ever. Freaking amazing!

We were going to be parents! We were having a baby!

Remember that family event the day I found out I was pregnant. Well one of our baby cousins was there and later found out he had hand food and mouth (Coxsackie). Dr. Vick tested me for Coxsackie because it is so highly contagious. I never held the baby but I hugged people that had. Sure enough this test came back positive. Here is God’s work… we just heard a heartbeat. If this Coxsackie was going to do anything to our baby it would have already hurt the delicate little being. But it didn't. My body had fought it and won! My body did what it was supposed to do to protect this baby! God is good!

We left the appointment feeling confident and happy. God had given us this little blessing of joy and we were so happy!


We told family and friends. We tried to keep it kind of hush-hush but with a big family that doesn't really happen. You can never have to may prayer warriors and we wanted them early in the game!


No comments:

Post a Comment