Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Happy 5 years!

May 22, 2010 I said the two most important words to the most amazing man; “I Do.”

This Friday we celebrated 5 years! We celebrated a little differently than usual but we celebrated together and we celebrated in just the right way for US for this anniversary... We took the evening and got maternity pictures done! To be very honest it was a pretty special evening. Not every year do you get to celebrate 5 years and the birth of your first son. (And let me also add we have made it to 36 weeks!)

It was a gorgeous evening and Dani Rose Thibus met us at the Botanical Gardens and took the most amazing pictures ever! She captured the beauty of Abel, pregnancy, motherhood and of parenthood. Dani also did a wonderful job capturing the love between Victor and me. (which is pretty amazing too)


You know over the past 5 years Victor and I have been through our share of hard decisions, rough roads and tough times; but we have been through it all together. What is even more amazing is that no matter where the road has taken us we have grown closer and our love has grown stronger. My husband is my best friend and I am beyond blessed to have him. He has been my back bone when I can’t stand for myself and I have carried him when he can’t go any farther. We are in this together and it really is something beautiful to be part of. It makes my heart happy to think of.

I don’t know if it has just been the love between Victor and me, or if it’s Abel’s big debut getting closer, or our 5 year anniversary but I have really been thinking about the love between us and how that affects Abel. Abel knows he is loved- he is an extremely loved little boy! Recently Victor and I have had the opportunity to have more late night conversations. These conversations have been heartfelt and deep, random and funny, they have just been good quality moments more than anything. Good moments that in months of craziness Victor and I have just needed to get us back to the basics. Abel knows his daddy and his voice and he know his daddy loves him very very much.  Abel reacts differently when he hears his daddy’s voice and during these conversations Abel seems to be a little more active. He wants to make sure we know he is there. He is sharing his love with us too in the only way he knows how. I know and believe that Abel can feel the love between us; he may feel it or observe it differently than the rest of the world but he knows it’s there, and to me that is just amazing and wonderful. Some things you just can’t teach your children.

My grandmother told me the other day, " You feel love first, because God is love.”  She is right.

It warms my heart to think that Abel has experienced the love between Victor and me, first hand to some degree. Children learn from their parents, parents set the example and the standard. I remember my dad always calling my mom throughout the day to say ‘I love you,’ I remember my parents kissing and showing affection; these are things I wanted in my future husband and partner. I got them. Abel may not see the love between Victor and me but he feels it. He knows when Victor and I kiss, he knows when we chat, and he knows when we laugh. Abel has also felt the tears, the heartache and the pain but more than that he has also felt and heard the comfort, support and encouragement between his parents. I know in my heart those are priceless lessons and I feel good that Victor and I have done our best walk the walk and talk the talk.

I wanted and still want to teach Abel all the important life lessons… but recently I realized that Victor and I were already teaching him love. We have been leading by example. I just think that’s pretty cool and great.

I am more than blessed to be walking through each day with my best friend. Victor is my other half. He completes me. That might sound corny but I really can’t imagine a day without this great man. I am blessed to be able to kiss him good night each night and wake up beside him every morning. God knew what he was doing when he put us together; all in His “grand scheme of a plan.”

Our love is great and I am blessed. Nicholas Sparks doesn't hold a candle to the real life love story Victor and I are writings each day!


Happy anniversary to my best friend, partner, love of my life, husband and baby daddy! When you read this I hope you know just how madly and deeply in love with you I am. Thank you Victor for all you do, for all you give and for loving me each and every day. Thank you for completing me and never giving up on us, on me or our family. 5 years and 4 days and I love you more today than yesterday and I’ll love you more tomorrow than today. (Sorry this is posted a little late but life got in the way and together we enjoyed every moment of this past weekend! Life just happens.) I love you with all my heart! 


Dani did such a wonderful job it was so hard finding just a couple pictures to share in this blog

1 comment:

  1. I loved the last pic you posted a lot! I thought the ones on the road thing were my favs. And the far away kissing ones

    ReplyDelete