Sunday, March 1, 2015

Cincinnati Adventures!


We were planning on leaving Sunday to head up to Cincinnati but before we did I needed to see my dad. So Abel and I headed to my dads house to get dad and Josiah to go on a donut mission! I wanted to personally check out this new donut shop in Clinton, Master Donuts! OH WOW they have some super yummy fresh donuts! So good! It is probably a hidden benefit they are not closer to my house or I would be one chubby pregnant girl! If you get a chance and can check Master Donuts out I would strongly recommend it!
So Sunday morning came and we packed up the car and headed up North!

We wanted to head up a little early to check out the city before our big 2 days of doctor visits. The trip up to Ohio wasn't bad, except I swear I had to pee like every 10 minutes. Victor was a champ every time I asked if we could stop, even though I swear we had just stopped, and I needed to stop again he would stop with me with no hesitation. Great husband!

It was gloomy up in Ohio but we made it and we were going to the Cincinnati Zoo! Abel was going to have a fun adventure no matter what! The Cincinnati Zoo was really pretty cool. It was pretty chilly but we were lucky most of the animals were still out. 
We got to see John the Lion. He is a very pretty lion and he knows it. We even got to hear him roar! I don’t think that I have ever heard a lion roar so this was pretty cool! And I am going to think that is a special something Abel got to hear too! What 21 week old baby gets to hear a lion roar during the first few weeks they are learning to hear!?! John the Lion was just helping us add to Abel's adventures! 
John the Lion
Baby Monkey Eating
We checked out butterflies and all the insects and reptiles that we could. We saw monkeys and a baby monkey, he was pretty cute, he was picking and eating on something! We checked out the giraffes, elephants, a polar bear, birds, and cheetahs.  We really had a good time! After the past couple of weeks it was fun to have a fun adventure and just enjoy ourselves.
In the butterfly exhibit 
Brenda and Bobby (Victor’s mom and dad) made the trip up to Cincinnati too. I will be honest when Cincinnati became an option I thought it was a trip just for Victor and I. I was wrong. I am so glad and blessed that they made the trip. We were going to need their support, we needed their support. No matter how old you are moms and dads, are always a blessing, they are always a comfort, they are always a support and they are just good to have around. There is always reassurance and love found in their arms. I didn't know how much of a comfort it would be to have them there until we needed them and I am so glad they were there.  Another one of God’s blessings I am reminded of daily; I have wonderful in-laws. Bobby and Brenda have loved me since day one and we (Victor & I) know they want only what is best for Victor and I and our family. God knew what He was doing when He gave me Victor and his wonderful parents. They love us and they love Abel and we were blessed they came with us to be there if needed.  

Brenda and Bobby

 We went to Terry’s Turf Club for dinner that Sunday night. The roads in Cincinnati are something else. To be honest I am not sure how we got there but somehow we found this place. Once you found it you couldn't miss it. It was covered in neon lights and old nostalgic signs. It was a small little place; reviews said there was usually a wait but since it took us so long to find the place we missed the wait! It was a different setting cool little hang out kind of place. We had this great server name Andy. He broke the menu down and offered his recommendations for dinner. We tried a crab cake and an avocado stuffed with Chorizo for appetizers. Terry’s was known for their burgers so that’s what most of us got; Brenda got some ham sandwich with asparagus that turned out to be super good! The burgers were a mile high and served on ciabatta bread and they were delicious! We had fun and our bellies were full!

Abel was getting his adventures! We had a great Sunday in Cincinnati now to get some rest; we had 2 big days ahead of us!
Jessica & Victor & Abel at 21 weeks

No comments:

Post a Comment