Sunday, March 29, 2015

3rd Trimester!

HELLO 3rd trimester! We are excited to say we are 28 weeks today!

*Abel is a little over 2.11 pounds (that was the 2 week’s ago, to be honest) He is about the size of a head of cauliflower now.*
*Abel likes donuts, black cherry Kool-aid and milk.*
*Abel is a morning baby, like his daddy. We can feel him the most in the morning. He likes to tell me to "wake up mom" and remind me he is still in there!*
*Today Abel really liked pot-roast, another trait like his daddy. Today's pot-roast got him all kinds of crazy in there! (A special meal for Abel & Victor to celebrate today's milestone.)*
* Abel likes to hang out down low in mom’s belly REAL low ALL the time*
*Mom’s back, hips, and legs are starting to hurt on a regular basis and her belly is getting bigger- way bigger. Sleeping is becoming more of a task than the pleasure she once thought it to be. Mom feels great though and is enjoying every moment of pregnancy.*

I am blessed so very blessed!

This day is a little bitter sweet… While some doctors didn't think we would see an extra 10 days we can tell them they were wrong! 11 weeks later we are still truckin' along! What do they know anyways? I’m just kidding… it’s not their fault they didn't know the fight that our little boy had in him. And it's not their fault that they didn't know the power of prayer or the miracles that God performs everyday! I am glad they didn't know. But we know, we know first hand!

We are so blessed to celebrate today with Abel so that is what we are going to do. CELEBRATE!! We will continue to cheer Abel on. He is doing so great in my belly (and I will pat myself on the back too, my body is doing great doing what it needs to do for this baby.) Abel is a fighter. He has got some of his momma in him (I will take credit for that- haha)

When I originally started writing this post I think I let myself get more scared than I should be. Any first time mom has got to have some fear about child birth, and I do, that is understood. But more than that I was letting fear, negativity, sadness, and  anxiousness, of the future take over. Today is not the day for any of that. Today is a day of praise and thanksgiving. Thank you Lord for seeing us all this far; thank you for giving Abel the fight he needs, thank you for giving Victor and I the fight we need.

                When I am afraid, I put my trust in you. Psalm 56:3

My baby is inside of me growing, kicking and moving. I feel him. He wants me to know he is in there and I cherish these movements and moments more than anyone can imagine. When Abel gives me a good kick or punch I just have to smile and say some sweet words to my sweet little baby. Abel's movements and love are an indescribable joy. I realize these moments may be the only chance I have to feel my baby alive, these can be bitter-sweet moments.  But more than anything it makes my heart warm and makes me smile I will welcome a good punch or tap from Abel any time any day. Right now this is Abel's way of communicating with me that he is in there growing like every other little boy! The bigger he gets and farther along we go the more I feel him; the more Victor gets to feel his son. Abel wants to make sure his daddy knows he is in there fighting. There are some mornings I swear Abel is in there doing jumping-jax and back flips so his daddy can witness the life, love and feistiness in HIS little boy. This is a prayer answered by God that He continues to answer for us. Family moments= they're  priceless. This is a silver lining in the possible unknown.

Casting all your anxieties on Him, because He cares for you. 1 Peter 5:7

Today is not the day to start questioning God’s plan and neither is tomorrow. Yes, we have reached a true milestone and we do not know what the next 12 weeks hold, but today is not the day to find out. God will prepare us for what tomorrow brings. That is tomorrow. Not today. Today we celebrate!

I will not let today be bittersweet but just sweet. As Abel's mommy and daddy we will celebrate with him. We will enjoy today and rejoice in the milestones we have reached. 

Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own. Matthew 6:34


1 comment: