Saturday, August 22, 2015

Past Week

Well this has been a busy week…
That's me with 438 OUNCES
of donated breast milk!!!
Mom and Abby headed back to Texas this week... It was truly a God send that they could be here as long as they were. They both had time to bond with Abel before he made his debut, Abby read Harry Potter to Abel and my mom shared her kind words with him. He got to know them and love them, I am so grateful for that. Even more they were able to meet him on his big day! Once again those were priceless moments; I am so thankful for the family that was there and got to share in our greatest joy!  God knew our journey and Abel before we did. I believe it all happened in His time because He knew the outcome before we did. He knew I would need Abby to be my friend and a constant in a time of sadness. He knew I would need the comfort only a mother could provide. I am forever thankful they were here this summer. Thank you Jesus for knowing my needs before I do!
Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him
Matthew 6:8

This was my "pumping station" for the past 6-8 weeks.
Marsha is the bright yellow pump in the table! 
Sometimes you just have to do it… I just had to do it… It was time to stop pumping… Pumping has been a comfort. It has been a way to help others which is also my way of coping and probably distracting me of some real issues. It also kept the pregnancy real and the story from ending. Victor has been such a great support. Pumping has definitely put a cramp in our social life and trying to find a new “normal”; 15 minutes every 3 hours can really put a damper on plans and adventures. I am thankful for a husband that supported my idea to help others and a husband that understood when I said it was all I had left… so with mixed emotions I returned my sweet friend Marsha (yes I named my pump). With great excitement I am very proud to say I donated 438 ounces this time! That is a total of 702 ounces that went to some needed babies out there!!! Say a quick prayer for the milk they receive, for the babies in need and the families, thanks!


Last week I was also lucky to have my best friend come and visit! Candice and I have been best friends since 4th grade. We all know girls will fight and tiff, we sure have had our fights but our story is crazy and it is funny how we always seem to find our way back to each other like no time has ever passed. We truly have one of those “once in a lifetime kind of friendships”. I am so glad she was able to come and visit. Her visit helped me face the world and adventures I never thought I could or even would. All things are possible! I can do it! I will do it!

I know the weeks to come will be full of mixed emotions as well, as I gear up to head back to work (and face more days without my sister). It is scary and uneasy. Facing the world is harder some days than others. But I can do it, I will do it, I have to. Abel was a fighter and I have to be one too, for him! Thanks for the prayers in advance!

Hope whoever reads this has a great weekend and week to come. Today is beautiful outside here in Tennessee and I can’t wait to enjoy its beauty!  Remember to be still and quiet to hear God, because sometimes he whispers. Have a great weekend! Love you all so very much! 

1 comment:

  1. You can do it! We can too, we always do! I love you very much

    ReplyDelete